REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR CONTINUING STUDENTS
REGISTRATION FOR GRADUATE CENTER COURSES AND COURSES AT OTHER CUNY COLLEGES
- For a complete list of courses, check the “Schedule of Classes” link under "Current Students." We will put up the course list for the following term in November for the spring semester and April for the fall semester.
- If you register online or by phone, the Bursar will mail your bill to you the day after your first registration session. If you change your program after that, you must call the Bursar’s office at (212) 650-6792.
- We recommend that all current students register for their classes during the registration period that is held the semester before. Either way, you should register no later than one week prior to the beginning of classes. With few exceptions, anyone registering later than this will not be allowed into a course that is full. In other words, we will not approve an overtally for anyone registering beyond this deadline.
- Make sure your financial aid is in order. If you have any questions about your financial aid, call (212) 650-5819 or visit the Financial Aid Office.
- Make sure there are no STOPS on your record that would delay your registration. Clear all STOPS prior to registration. If you have any STOPS they will be listed on your registration appointment letter; you can also verify them by going online to view your records at the “I” desk in the NAC lobby or in the Registrar’s office. Clear all STOPS prior to registration.
- Pay your bill by the date noted on the lower left-hand portion.
If you wish to take courses at the Graduate Center or graduate-level courses at other CUNY institutions, you must first obtain the approval of BOTH the professor teaching the course AND the director of the MA program. You then need to complete a Permit Form (available at the MPIR office).